Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
2018 NECA PROJECT EXCELLENCE AWARD PROGRAM RULES
- A NECA member must perform the installation.
- Projects completed between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Completed entry forms must be received between January 1st and April 30th, 2018.
- The competition will consider eleven categories based on the type of project and its dollar value:
- Design Build
- Energy Solutions/Green Building
- Health Care
- Overhead Transmission
- Street Lighting/Traffic Signal
Two awards will be given out for the following categories: Commercial/Instiututional, Design Build, Educational, Energy Solutions/Green Building, Health Care, and Street Lighting/Traffic Signal. These awards will be based on whether the electrical/technology portion of the project is valued under or over $1,000,000. Only one award regardless of project value will be given out for these categories: Industrial, Overhead Transmission, Residential, Substation/Interconnection, and Transportation/Infrastructure.
- Please select the category that is most appropriate for the project and scope of work that you are submitting. The awards committee reserves the right to make the final determination as to what category a project falls under.
- Members may submit one entry per category.
- Projects completed as part of a joint venture are acceptable, as long as all joint venture partners performing electrical work are NECA members. Winning projects will be awarded in the name of all joint venture partners.
- When multiple contractors are working on the same project separately, not as part of a joint venture, each contractor is eligible to submit an entry for their own scope of work.
- Each entry must be submitted with project photos, preferably high resolution in a PNG or JPEG file format. Please submit both construction and post construction photos whenever possible. Projects submitted without project photos will not be considered. Applicants are welcome to submit videos in addition to photos. It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain permission from the project owner. NECA National reserves the right to reuse the pictures for the purposes of promoting our membership.
- The awards committee will make the award selections based on criteria including originality, aesthetics, difficulty of installation, quality of workmanship, and application of technology. At most, two awards (over $1 Million, and under $1 Million) will be presented per category. At the committee’s discretion, all awards in all categories may not be awarded.
- Awards for the winning projects in each category will be presented at NECA Philadelphia 2018. NECA National must receive completed forms and photos no later than April 30th, 2018. We will not be able to accept entries after this date.